1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

I certainly hope not. Lumping praise on the $cientology church ought to be a deal-breaker. She says that people are “now aware” of the issues, but there was so much out there 20 and 30 years ago that she should have been aware then. Sorry to the Bass supporters, but I lived not too far from their Clearwater, Fla. base of operations years ago and saw people pulled into the cult. Not saying I won’t vote for Biden, but if he nominates her, my vote will be a vote against Trump, not a vote for him. He can do better.

Bass addresses past remarks praising Scientology

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trumpidiots don’t care. They barely leave their trailer park. And when they do it’s for cheap beer and sex with their grandchildren in the next trailer

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Bass really would be a mistake. Maybe she hasn't pissed off as many people as Harris, but Harris is the better option. The Trump campaign is already trying to position Biden's camp as the lunatic fringe. Bass would help them do that.

Pick Harris or Rice and get to work already.

OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's really fucking embarrassing how little depth there is on the bench for the democrats.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Even today the west doesn't really have much clout in the DNC. Except for dashes to LA, SF, Portland and Seattle for fundraising, candidates don't spend much time here, for primaries or general, they don't build relationships with local party leaders. Getting Nevada on the First Four was the biggest gain in clout out West since forever. Shoot, look at Harris' flop - her campaign went nowhere during the primaries.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It'll be fun to talk about it at The Hague.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They'll go at Kamala as the Angry Black Woman. Nasty and Uppity.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

OTOH, the Dems hold almost every major state and Federal office in Oregon, Washington and California. They control the legislatures. Biden will win those states by a combined 6-7 million. Why should the Dems spend time and/or money there, when it would be better off spent in tossup states?

Arizona, Nevada, Montana and Idaho are Western states, but until the past 10 years of so their demographics were so strongly tilted red there was no reason for the Dems to spend any time or money there.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not so fast, my friend.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Watching Biden close this out is going to be akin to watching Armando "Ball One" Benitez try to work a clean ninth.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You asshole. If Biden loses, I'm blaming your invoking Armondo Blownsavus for the loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.