1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I doubt it. I have to think the decision has been made with the announcement coming this week or next. Going to be odd though - usually its announced at a rally. Instead we'll get a video message/live stream with Biden and the choice being socially distant. But I do think cleaning up her comments will help Bass if she makes a run for Harris' seat if it is Harris.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

72376BD1-58D8-4B6D-9219-B540243C47C8.jpeg

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

If it's her or Harris, they would become the first Democrat from west of the Central Time Zone as the presidential or vice presidential candidate.

4. heyabbott

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's really amazing in 2020. Republicans have had 10(!).

7. heyabbott

Obama was born in Hawaii, probably

it depends on how you define ‘from’. Reagan was from California when he ran but was born in Illinois. Bushes were born in Connecticut but ran from Texas.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"From" obviously means state in which you are serving. "The Senator from . . . "

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Professional opinion: It looks like he had blood drawn from the back of his hand, which left a bruise. He's overweight and not very fit, which sometimes means that the veins in the arm are hard to hit. It is possible that he's on coumadin, a blood thinner often prescribed for A-fib and other disorders, which makes the patient bruise easier. That said, the most common way to do a protime (a test for coumadin level) is a simple fingerstick rapid test giving results in a couple of minutes. I have not heard of any publicly disclosed medical condition Trump has which would require a coumadin prescription though.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Looked at it from their home states when they ran. Obama is more aligned with Illinois than Hawaii.

11. Neutral Corner

Finally? George Will publicly left the Republican party in June of 2016.

12. Neutral Corner

Maybe. I think Harris is the obvious choice, but if she is Veep she becomes the frontrunner for the nomination in 2024. I suspect that a lot of Dem insiders are uncomfortable with that and that's where some of the recent footdragging and mudslinging is coming from.

Webster likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.