1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

You'll forgive me if I consider my brother a better source than you. Actually, he said "It's not too bad." So. He's infinitely more trustworthy than you.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So there will be 50,000 people at the Astros' games and another 50,000 at the Rangers' games this week?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The child was not named. And if you’re implying that the teacher is lying, you carry the burden of proof. The way you stated it is disgusting.

4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Well, they all saw what happened in the Northeast, they had plenty of time and warning and knowledge to not let it happen and not let it spread.
    They all watched it happen and did not learn from it.
    And that is the definition of "DUMBASS".

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

So? Anyone who knows that teacher and kid knows who it is. Seems like an odd thing, leveraging some kid’s sorrow for a comment about to a NYT story. (Even more bizarre because the girl in question probably did *not* get coronavirus in school.)

But, hey, anything for a couple of hearts.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sure they did ... "All those things Cuomo/de Blasio did with old folks in nursing homes? Don't do those."

7. doctorquant

A "better source" because he's your brother? No biggie ... But perhaps my referring to "North Texas" had you thinking I know not of what I spoke. "North Texas" is akin to "Chicagoland" and comprises, among others, Dallas County and Tarrant County (my home).

And North Texas ain't wide open.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I suggest that you not try to sell "It's not too bad" to my brother, who is a respiratory therapist at a San Antonio hospital. I find his opinion infinitely more trustworthy than your brother's.

10. doctorquant

Well shit, I don't even have a brother. Who am I to weigh in on whether Texas is "wide open?"

HC likes this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And now we careen off into another tangent.

If my reading comprehension (hi, oop) is correct, "it's not too bad" was referring to shutdown inconveniences and not to COVID outbreaks and hospital capacity. Because the subject at hand was how "wide open" Texas is.

12. doctorquant

Why are you OK with Wilford Brimley dying?

Draft saved Draft deleted