1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The Bundy’s were nothing but Branch Davidians who couldn’t even get underage girls. Should have been shot on sight.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I lived in the rocky end of the Pacific Northwest during the time all that happened. The Bundys are a bunch of two-bit grifters, layabouts and no-good scammers.

Trying to compare them to the Black Lives Matter protestors is intentional intellectual dishonesty at its most depraved.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't support them. At all.

I'm curious if the person I asked did. Trump did and he is a hypocrite for doing so. But of course Donald Trump is not the personal standard for me or anyone else on this board. So I'm curious as to how using the Bundys as an object lesson correlates to what's happening in Portland.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

Lying sack of shit.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nope.

But, then again, I don’t support people setting fires or destroying property or looting during these protests either. Huge hypocrite, I know.

(Except statues of Confederates. My heart dances a joyful jig when those fuckers come down.)

It was mentioned because the Bundys are guilty of doing all the things Trump cites as justifying a heavy handed approach. But they had guns. And were white.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

The answer to that needs to be "Since you have made a public statement that you will not do your sworn duty your resignation is accepted".

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and Driftwood like this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Naah, Trump and his enablers will just call it fake news and do more shots of Clorox.

Draft saved Draft deleted