1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Situation

Situation Member

I would think keeping students home would lead to much more child abuse, hungry children, unsupervised children, and create a huge problem for parents who must work.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SFIND likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

yes.

now what?

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The answer here is NOT “Send kids back to school and if they, teachers, or staff members get sick and have horrible outcomes, that’s just the price we have to pay to restart the economy.”

SFIND and Mngwa like this.
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

FWIW some of us understand the holes in teaching that can happen when everything goes online. We're volunteering to tutor, to take papers where there are obvious problems and work with those students so they don't fall between the cracks.

This is an educational equivalent to being a CASA. The only side I'm on is that of the child who is trying to get a handle on learning. It's not impossible to teach via distance learning, but there is a curve when it comes to adjustment. I have friends who grew up in the middle of nowhere in the Northwestern U. S. and Australia. They went to school by shortwave radio and had no problem keeping up when they attended classes in secondary and post-secondary settings. Of course, they were not dealing with the stressors our children face. Still, it can be done.

There's no easy way. If people know they can be part of the proverbial village and help out, they should. Our kids deserve the same educational opportunities (or as close as we can get to them) as we enjoyed.

(Getting off of my soapbox now...)

Spartan Squad and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

SFIND and OscarMadison like this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

SFIND likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted