1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Two eps into Peacock's "Brave New World." So far so good.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thinking about starting the latest season of Billions, but their production ended with 5 eps left to shoot. Production in NY is supposed to start back up this week - but I think I'll wait until the season is complete. Could be the last season anyway.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

My wife and I watched the first episode of Broadchurch today. We will probably watch a few more before deciding if we want to go through the entire three seasons. I thought the first episode was decent, though part of my amusement was picking out the actors I recognized. I was particularly entertained by seeing David Tennant as the lead detective playing scenes with Peter De Jersey because there was a BBC version of Hamlet from 2009 that I've seen that has Tennant as Hamlet and De Jersey as Horatio. (It also has Patrick Stewart as Claudius and King Hamlet).

I also spotted Grey Worm and Walder Frey from Game of Thrones.

This all sent me to IMDB. The thing I found there that was the most fun is that Tennant does a lot more voice work than I realized, including being the current voice of Scrooge McDuck.

Neutral Corner and sgreenwell like this.
  4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I have a TV on my desk in the newsroom that gets very few channels but Comet is one of them. They used to run low-rent sci fi movies during the day and it was great. Lots of Godzilla stuff and some incredibly cheesy junk like "Tentacles." They just changed so they run "Quantum Leap" constantly. Broke my heart.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I can't say I have any interest in watching Quantum Leap. I only saw a few episodes when it was on. I am enjoying the re-run of BSG, though.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a quick and fun summer binge - you can do a lot worse than Galavant. It's more than a little Mel Brooksian.

maumann, Wenders and sgreenwell like this.
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"YOU WANT TO COVER SPORTS IN MINNESOTA AND NOT MENTION THE VIKINGS!? YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE? YOU'RE CUCKOO!"

lakefront likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So they leaped over a major hurdle in about five minutes on Perry Mason tonight, but the grease hit the skillet.

The casting of Rhys and Rylance was pure brilliance.

I cannot wait for the courtroom scenes.

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

He has a podcast also.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Season 1 was largely great, especially the two leads. Season 3 was almost as good. Season 2 was a huge miss.

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

We are all in on "Brave New World."

Draft saved Draft deleted