1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Kelly Preston. Cancer sucks. Mrs. Travolta was 57.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Slacker, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn!! I graduated from HS the same year. Heavy heart to Vinnie B and his family.

3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Fuck Cancer

4. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Diana Hyland, with whom Travolta had a relationship, died when he was in his 20's. His son died at the age of 17 and now his wife.

Which shows no matter how much much money or fame you have you can still have a a tough life.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So sad. Had no idea she'd been sick. A lovely screen presence. My sister and I moved to a new state in 1987 and watched her in SpaceCamp a thousand times that summer. RIP.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

RIP.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

She was fantastic in Jerry Maguire and For the Love of the Game. One of those actresses who could really liven up a movie. Wish she worked more and in better films. RIP. Seemed like an extremely nice person from what I saw in interviews.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Slacker, HanSenSE and Double Down like this.
  9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

The only positive is that he doesn't have to worry about finances. That one thing always makes it easier.

10. John

John Well-Known Member

If you're in your mid-40s or a little older, you mostly remember her for a certain scene in Mischief. Holy moly.

Batman likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was always conflicted about her role in For Love of the Game. They ruined a great character from the book, but she still made what they gave her work.

Like garrow, I hadn't even realized she was sick. The really sad part is the first thing that came to mind is something nasty I don't want to post about.

But yeah, fuck cancer.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I have started For the Love of the Game maybe 50 times on MLB Network and never gotten through but not because I didn't like it, just always fell asleep after an hour or so. Thought Preston was pretty good in the scenes I saw her in. Also just realize that the tow truck driver is Herc from The Wire.

Draft saved Draft deleted