1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Are you going to be one of those weirdos who works out TO THE POINT OF EXHAUSTION?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My God, he might break a sweat!

3. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

"Risks" ... Jesus, 130,000 people are dead. Several states have lost all control of this thing. Trump and his cult have made wearing masks a political statement about liberty vs. tyranny, and a TV wonk says, four months to the day that everything started shutting down because of the virus, that this might be bad.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Oh, I have a short workout plan for Trump, but he's going to have to move his 'muscles' for once.
    While we're on the subject of golf and Trump, think of the mechanics involved in the morning deposit.
    With that girth he can't get down in there to clean up properly. It has to be a dreaded, exhausting event for him.
    A couple of passes with TP and then I am sure he hops in the golden shower and thanks Sir Isaac Newton for gravity.
    Then off to the sofa for an afternoon of rage tweeting- but only after the round of gruelling golf.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

And so it begins

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I mean, what in the everlasting fuck do these malletheads in Trump's orbit think they have to gain by going after Fauci?

Hey, shore up your freakzoid NO MASK EVAH base, sure.

Boy, that'll do a lotta good. Grow those numbers? His numbers did not move appreciably when things where not totally fucked pre-covid. Think they will now?

But, selfishly, I love that they're fucking things up at every turn.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

The party doesn't pick the nominee. The voters do. If Sanders did better in the primaries, he would have been the nominee.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Fauck has worked for five different presidents. He's had a long, distinguished career and is kne of the leading experts on infectious diseases. Yet all of a sudden, he has "credibility issues "

9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Don't you understand? That's why he has credibility issues! He's the deep state! He's become corrupted over those five administrations! He has a plan to get rich off this virus! Just you wait! He's been planning it for years! It's as plain as day!

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

72 hours.

They had been on the campaign trail for more than a year, and they couldn't wait . . . 72 hours to see how the results from 15 states played out before deciding what to do? Instead, they based their decisions on results from four states, the last one ruby red that's a non-starter in the general election anyway. Four states --- accounting for a whopping 3.8 percent of delegates --- was enough to seal their decision-making, even though AFTER THREE STATES the delegate count between Biden-Buttigieg-Klobuchar was 23-21-7, and Buttigieg had twice as many total votes. Everyone conceded to Biden on the basis of his winning ONE state --- one in which he pretty much put all his eggs in.

The NYT described Biden as "very much alive" after SC. In 72 hours he went from "very much alive" to "Gee, it's over" when the other candidates folded their tents. Not rational on my planet.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This is exactly what happens when the career civil servants tried to “do the right thing”. Which is why I said earlier you don’t just “wipe out everybody “ when Jan 2021 comes. ​

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Anyone who disagrees with Trump in public suddenly develops "credibility issues" so far as the WH is concerned, and none of the other R's will say a damn thing about it.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.