1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The problem is for 240 years or so we’ve been fed a line of shit: “United We Stand.”

These past few months on so many levels have proven that we are a nation populated by stupid, selfish people who are getting exactly what they deserve, over and over again. We are quickly proving that indeed we are divided, and falling.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Also per Tracking Our COVID-19 Response - covidexitstrategy.org

There are 12 states with Trumpist governors and deemed to have "uncontrolled spread." Wanna guess how many of them have imposed state-wide mask mandates? Nil. The Party Of Life strikes again.
    Of the seven uncontrolled spread states with Democratic governors, six have required masks. The outlier is Louisiana.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado starting to see an uptick.

Seven-day average of new cases per day at 368.4. 666 new cases yesterday, largest one-day spike since April 25. Seven-day percent of new tests coming back positive: 6.3 percent, highest since June 5.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sidebar:

isn't the very definition of empathy that through experience and imagination we put ourselves in someone else's shoes?

we shouldn't have to know someone who got sick before acting to prevent other people getting sick.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I know at least 10 people who have had it. No one has died but my friend’s 86 year old dad was on a ventilator for about 3 weeks before he somehow recovered. He’s been in a rehab facility for about a month. Another friend had a fairly mild case, except a month on, she’s having breathing problems that are worse than when she actively had it. Another friend also had a mild case, but still can’t taste or smell as well as before. His wife and two sons also had it. His son seems to have brought it back from a semester abroad. Almost all the kids in his program had it to varying extents.

I wear a mask and limit going out to the extreme because I don’t want to get sick and I don’t want anyone else to get sick from me. I know I’d feel the same even if I didn’t know 10 people who had COVID or if I wasn’t up in the middle of the night texting with my friend whose dad was in “grave” condition and all they could do was occasionally see him on an iPad if a nurse had a spare minute or two.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I won’t feel sorry for them.

TowelWaver and OscarMadison like this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And BRING THE KIDS! FAMILY FUN FOR ALL AGES.
    Seriously - a one-hour rally followed by THREE HOURS of speeches?

[​IMG]

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Greg Abbott isn't a Trumpist governor?

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The good goddamn silver lining in all of this is we will in my estimation reach "herd immunity" in the United States at the end of 2021 if not sooner.

Yes, I'm hearing that "herd immunity" is a joke because you lose all antibodies in a few months. After all, the common cold is a coronavirus. But after you are exposed to it once, you should have a much better chance of fighting it off based on T-cell response. Other than bubble boys and invaders in space movies, I am unaware of anybody who died of the common cold.

Draft saved Draft deleted