1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS out for golf again. Knows he's going to lose the election, so why the heck not!

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

That anyone (a Klansman, a QAnon dope) could believe--and continues to believe--Trump should be in charge of our government continues to shock the senses.

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump's order that international college students who are taking online classes and not going to classrooms lose their residency here is a bald effort to pressure universities to remain open for in-person classes. Not only will the schools lose their tuition money (non-resident at that) if they go to online classes, but many of these students are working on advanced degrees while either teaching undergrad or working in labs. This is really hitting home at UAB, which as a research university employs many such foreign students as lab assistants in various medical and biological graduate programs. They're losing a lot of bright and experienced help in those labs, people who are not easily replaced.

On a more trivial level, it will also cost the MBB team the services of Tobias Rotegaard, a 43% three point shooting Norwegian who played for Oak Hill Academy. Best three point shooter they've recruited in years.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Former director of the Nixon Presidential Library:

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

For those scoring at home:

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Anyone think he actually golfs for 18, or uses the time for other "pursuits."

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Possibly a factor, but a long long tradition has always been: the king walks free, everybody else can go hang.

10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The Zodiac Killer strikes again

“Goya is a staple of Cuban food. My grandparents ate Goya black beans twice a day for nearly 90 years. And now the Left is trying to cancel Hispanic culture and silence free speech,” Cruz tweeted on Friday.

Yet Cruz last year said that he wouldn’t buy any more Nike products, after the brand decided to pull the sneaker designed with the the 13-star Betsy Ross flag. This decision came after former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick “expressed the concern to the company that the Betsy Ross flag had been co-opted by groups espousing racist ideologies,” according to The New York Times.

“I love America. I stand for the anthem, respect the flag & honor the men & women who fought to defend our Nation,” Senator Cruz tweeted in July 2019. “I respect Free Speech & I’m exerting mine: until @Nike ends its contempt for those values, I WILL NO LONGER PURCHASE NIKE PRODUCTS. #WalkAwayFromNike RT if you agree.”

Ted Cruz said his Nike boycott was exerting free speech, but says people boycotting Goya Foods are silencing speech

11. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

If Trump is an 11, I’m the Queen of England. I’d wager he couldn’t tell you what country Benghazi is in and it would be 50-to-1 against him correctly locating that country on a map.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

On a side note, I watched “Hamilton” on Disney Plus last week. It was quite fun.

Carry on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.