1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hawley and Woj

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Except Josh Hawley was looking for a FU. That FU made Hawley’s day. He probably saw the email come in and said, Verne Lundquist style, “yes sir!”

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fuck Hawley. If the people of Missouri like him, fuck them too.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Lesson from Hawley thing: Republicans can do this too. The “I have my own truth” postmodernist thing that progressives like to do when it suits them blew up in their face with Trump - the living embodiment of why personal truth is bunk - and cancel culture probably won’t go any better for them in the long run.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Bad look for Woj. Own it, move on.

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

And if you want to be down with Bad Boy, then fuck you too.
    Chino XL, fuck you too.
    All you motherfuckers, fuck you too.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Much like Hillary, more people in Missouri despised the unlikeable Claire McCaskill. Hence, Trump and Hawley.

8. Woj shouldn't have apologized.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"Cancel culture" is a term that cannot die quickly enough. The 2020 version of whining about "SJWs."

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It ain't dying. Especially if the Trumpists lose in November. They'll be so bitter that they'll spit it out -- maskless, of course -- every chance they can get.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  11. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

He probably would have been fired if he hadn't. Can't blame Woj for wanting to work.

12. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

Cancel culture is very very upsetting. I feel for those who struggled to survive it: Franken, Kramer, Louis CK, that other funny comedian I forget his name, Roseanne. I feel happy for those who survived it: Howard Stern, Joy Behar, Griffen, Tucker Carlson (more than once), Limbaugh (many times), sure there have been some others I forget.

Draft saved Draft deleted