1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Last movie you watched......

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jenny Jobs, Dec 29, 2008.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've watched parts of some truly terrible movies because they were shot in Pittsburgh. I'd watch for a few minutes because I recognized the location.

ChrisLong likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watched it this weekend - there was one exceptionally staged shootout scene with creative camera work that made it look like one tracking shot - ala Children of Men (still the all-time champion) - still, that movie had a helacious body count all for the son of an incarcerated drug dealer? He better grow up and cure cancer. Also was uncomfortable when Hemsworth was beating the hell out of "kid gang" - whether they were trying to kill him or not.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Never saw "Super 8" when it came out. Saw it today on Hulu.

A fun film, enjoyable ... but it's impossible to watch it now without comparing it to Stranger Things. "Super 8" almost seems like a pilot for the Netflix series, which obviously borrowed a lot from the 2011 movie.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I have a feeling they are going to go away from the near perfect book after watching the Ivan trailer.

5. DanOregon

My problem with Uncut Gems is trying to figure out how Sandler's character ever got to the point where he had a successful business and could afford a sweet house and a tricked out Manhattan apartment. A little bit of backstory would have gone a long way to help make the movie "land." As it was it was just chaos, and I wasn't sure if the chaos was just the way the guy did business or did something happen that sent him on tilt.

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I bailed on “Uncut Gems” after about a half hour. Too much background noise to clearly understand what they were saying. Horrible role for Sandler.
    But I did enjoy Ford vs. Ferrari. I knew a bit of the story but not the backstories. Very cool movie.

7. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Subtitles are your friend.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

We watched 1981 best-picture-winner Chariots of Fire on the local PBS movie night. For us, it didn’t hold up all that well. Despite attempt at invoking a sense of great sacrifice, neither character gave up much of anything in the quest to be champion. And there we’re supposedly great rivalries, but the character development of those rivals was lacking. Our younger film critic said that it was just a collection of nice shots, many of which translated poorly to the TV screen, interspersed with a flawed plot.

maumann likes this.
  9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I hate reading movies.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Rewatched “Inside Man”; very cool depiction. Damn, lesbian or not, Jodie Foster had the most smoking legs around.

11. DanOregon

Jodie Foster should be considered the female equivalent of Tom Hanks. She's phenomenal - loved her in Maverick, hell loved her since the Partridge Family. I wish she worked more.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Agreed; great actor.

Draft saved Draft deleted