1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Think we finally found a way to get these dummies on board.

8088F6B7-882E-4640-BD68-41421781AAAA.jpeg

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The Flying Dead

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's getting better at the Nazi arm salute.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Some of y’all may remember how Paxton deconstructed the newspaper in Durham, N.C., after buying it … well, turns out they still suck.

maumann likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It affects the total number killed . . . but it doesn't affect how likely you are to die once you are infected (which I'm guessing was the argument your FB friend was trying to make). The goal, after all, is to reduce mortality WITHOUT having to go to extraordinary means. Ergo, vaccines.

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

What kind of idiotic statement is that? Extraordinary means? Contain it. Stop the immediate spread. A mask isnt an extraordinary measure. Neither is cancelling large sporting events, concerts and rallies. Vaccines are years away. This virus is debilitating. If you get and survive life expectancy is reduced. Lifetime Health problems increase. No one knows if a vaccine will work on a slightly mutated virus, which it will be by the time a vaccine is ready. And no national effort is made towards a vaccine, it’s pretty haphazard
    I know it’s a message board and you get your kicks trolling like a trump puppet but your type of ignorance , even trolling, is homicidal .

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Extraordinary means" is not my term. It's the term of the person to whom I was responding.

Context. Is. Everything.

Whatever your problem is, take it up with this person:

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Love having auto-transcription of voice mail. A wrong number called: "Hell0 Rita? - This is Carla. I need you to answer the phone. Hello. I got the Corey. Please answer me."

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm trying to wrap my head around this, and I keep thinking the guy meant that the station wouldn't pay for any more tests without authorization. I would hope that the guy wasn't dumb enough to actually mean that employees need his permission to be tested, no matter what.

Then again ...

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted