1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2020 PGA Tour thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

How much did it slow down Eldrick?

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Woods was never satisfied, but the changes he made through his career were quite conventional, until he went muscle mad, which of course contributed to his subsequent injury troubles, which did indeed slow him down. My guess is the first back or hamstring twinge and DeChambeau, aware of Woods' history, slims down a bit. Then he'll think of some other all consuming concept. He doesn't want to be the best golfer in the world as much as he seems to want to reinvent the game.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

He's a brat. Not at Patrick Reed's level -- yet. But it's difficult to watch and root for him.

qtlaw and I Should Coco like this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

His post-round interview sounded NASCAR-esque, thanking all the sponsors first and foremost. Cha-ching!

6. Michael_ Gee

He's a super talent. But I think he gets in his own way which prevents him from maximizing it. He looked good today, on a course rendered almost obsolete by 2020 length for all Tour golfers, not just him.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

25 under last year. 23 under this year. Bob Hope Classic-esque the past two years. Find a new track.

8. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

With all the commercial air time they buy?
    Not going anywhere
    Think of it as the new Buick Open

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I get it ... but IMO, the answer is to do something to slow down tech with clubs and the ball.

Otherwise, it just puts that much more separation between the PGA Tour pros and the weekend hacker.

Also, it's Detroit. The Tour stop there was lawn darts back in the day.

(But if the course is lengthened, tricked up USGA style or whatever ... no "Bryson-proofing," please? Thanks.)

10. Michael_ Gee

It's a Donald Ross course. I'm sure for even quality amateurs it's a fine test. But these guys and the golf equipment industry render designs from the '50s obsolete, let alone the '20s.

11. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Did you notice they changed the Buick commercial?? The hot Mom gets a reminder message about friends coming to dinner. She races to the store, Buick auto-parks. Black guy walking by says, “Nice Buick.” (Like that could ever happen). Mom picks up 4 salmon filets. She gets home to find out that it’s the other families kids that are coming over. She says, “I hope they like salmon.” Snotty little girl says, “We hate it.”
    In the redone commercial, the Black guy is gone. The snotty little girl says, “Where’s the pizza.”

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted