1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Photo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Jun 29, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They didn't pull the trigger. Or even squeeze it.

Yes, they "could" have. But someone in the crowd "could" have done something, too.

You came to see the mayor. Why are you stopping and engaging two people with guns instead of getting to where you were going . . . quickly?

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No shit, Sherlock. I was responding to his assertion that shooting trespassers was protected under the Castle Doctrine.

BTW, I hope some firearms instructor has reached out to those two assholes to give them some gun safety lessons. If you're going to own a firearm, you must know how to use it safely and they damn sure weren't.

Vombatus likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It's the mob mentality: A couple of people probably GTFO, but in a group of dozens, they can't take all of you. Also, because you love to flip the question, why are two people trying to take on a mob walking down the street? Why not just let them go if they are walking by your house?

And what Inky said. The poster who is going to shout "they're coming right for us!" as an excuse to shoot people in the street is troublesome.

4. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

The mill? The bow? Can I plead uterus and say I have a Ben Pearson Cougar 962-64 and a Ben Pearson Puma 783-62? I learned on a compound but prefer a recurve.

One other thing. I was kidding. I'm a big weenie about violence in real life. (Covering hockey notwithstanding.)

Oh, yeah. About the McCloskeys? They made this week's Artnet:

The Gun-Toting, Palace-Dwelling Couple Who Confronted Protesters Are Major Art Collectors. In Fact, They Fancy Themselves the New Medici.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've never gotten that good with my recurve. I guess I'm spoiled with the let off from the cams on my (various) compound bows over the years. I do like the idea of recurves, given compound bow manufacturers seems obsessed with distance shots now. Seems more true to the original bow hunting ethos.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Your klan won’t like this planned rebranding.
    Trump calls Black Lives Matter a 'symbol of hate' as he digs in on race
    Trump calls Black Lives Matter a 'symbol of hate' as he digs in on race - CNNPolitics

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Look at Kellyanne's eyes. She's long gone.

[​IMG]

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Good lord, she looks like hell. As in, a three-day bender and still no shower hell.

Dog8Cats and qtlaw like this.
  9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Their drive for artistic beauty ironically makes the ugliest couple in America even uglier.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Like I said before, an angry mob of hundreds, even if they're unarmed, is a threat. Have you not seen the beatings administered by BLM and Antifa radicals?

As a former small arms instructor, they're in need of a serious class on safety. But that doesn't dispell the validity of the right of self defense and the right to defend your property against murderous Jacobins.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted