1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Not anywhere near Ace, but I can assure you the local, weekly racers were out in force in NC on Saturday headed to the track.

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Only took them decades.
    Let's see how the base reacts to it.
    By remarkable coincidence of the Trumpandemic and the execution of George Floyd, there aren't going to be many fans for quite some time. By the time full attendance is again permitted, the base may be so happy to be there that it forgives this unspeakable violation of its freedom of expression.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The social-media reaction to this is as sickening as you might expect.

5. tapintoamerica

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. tapintoamerica

Underrated part of that post is the phrase "lifelong NASCAR fan since 2017." Judging from his photo, I suspect he's older than 3.

garrow likes this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

NASCAR does something about the Confederate flag before Trump and his administration. Let that sink in for a second.

OscarMadison and playthrough like this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Judging from his other content, I think his tweet was satire.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One reason I love the United States is that it never loses the capacity to surprise me, sometimes for ill, but not always. Then again, in my limited forays into NASCAR world, I learned its members were far from universally southern. Jimmie Johnson is about as southern as Patrice Bergeron.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

He spells like a 3-year old

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

We used to have a good southern sport, then Bill France got cancer from all the Winstons he smoked.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I will be curious to see the enforcement. Betcha a tin of Copenhagen that Nascar leaves it to the individual tracks, who have enough to deal with already and would really rather not run out the guy in the infield who has paid top dollar for 20 years to park his motorhome and root for his guy. Having worked at a track, I get a headache thinking about it even though of course it's the right policy.

Draft saved Draft deleted