1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

You know anything Candace Owens says is not true.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Trumpists would approve except for the fact that the victim appears to be white.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

And then in the report say he tripped and fell, which is what they put in the report

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

If the armed robbery thing is made-up bullshit, then it obviously invalidates my whole point about CNN not giving the full story, and I retract what I wrote. My original source was the Guardian, which cited court documents. The AJC article was written a few days later and uses some of the same phrasing, so it may have been relying on the Guardian article . The Guardian seems pretty reputable - are you sure it's made up bullshit?

An athlete, a father, a 'beautiful spirit': George Floyd in his friends' words

Liut likes this.
  5. Smallpotatoes

If Candace Owens said it, it's not true. She's full of shit. Everyone knows that. If she had any self-respect, she'd be liberal.

He was arrested for passing a counterfeit $20 bill and lost his life because of it. That's what happened.

Whether or not he tore a tag off a mattress or something like that doesn't matter.

What's wrong with you?

6. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

What do you mean, I'm lying? I attached a link from a source that I think is reputable. If it's wrong, then I retract my earlier comments. But the fact that it was also said by someone whose name I don't recognize (but who I'm willing to assume lies a lot) isn't proof that it's wrong or that it's right.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Another protest here in Flyoverville. A couple hundred people gathered on the busiest intersection in town. Some nearby businesses closed early - just in case. The local PD paid two snowcone trucks to show up and serve. It was a big hit. Everybody left with a sugar high.

garrow, Neutral Corner and HanSenSE like this.
  8. Smallpotatoes

You're wrong. Period. Stop lying.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2020
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The news equivalent of "Talk about ..."

Liut likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I put this up a couple of pages back. It's Beau on how to solve police excess. He steps right on out there with a plan.

11. Della9250

12. Della9250

Draft saved Draft deleted