1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports ed...somewhere in Indiana

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Jun 4, 2020.

1. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

2. tonygunk

tonygunk Member

These job listings are like the NFL draft... you just don't know who's going to take you LOL

SFIND likes this.
  3. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Wonder if it's owned by the same company with the vague Missouri posting that was rightfully torn apart on here.

gravehunter and HanSenSE like this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I’m betting that one thing both towns have in common is that they’re shitty.

sgreenwell and SFIND like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Job share?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Stlgooch

Stlgooch New Member

If a place wants you to apply without telling where it is located, interested applicants should omit their names from their resume.

7. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

I applied to one of those "company confidential" ads (outside of the news industry). It took about 5 minutes to confirm the place, based on similar keywords in the ad and the company's website. I have to seriously question if I would want to work for a place that can't be above board even in a job search.

8. superhater

superhater Member

Was that a CNHI paper (Joplin)?

Three of their Indiana papers (Greensburg, Lebanon and Washington) appear to be 3x/week right now...

9. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

I don't think that Missouri paper was Joplin. They had just laid off a sports writer about the time that mystery ad came out.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  10. Blogtastic

Blogtastic Member

That's actually a not-terrible salary for a job like that, which somehow makes the listing even more suspicious.

11. I saw the Missouri ad...just figured they hadn’t yet fired the sports editor. Sad people try and do business like this!

12. superhater

superhater Member

This job is still open; I know the first person it was offered to and he's turning it down (for reasons unrelated to the job itself).

The paper in question is the Greene County Daily World in Linton. Some good small-school teams down there...seems like a good do-it-all opportunity for a young buck who's interested in spreading his/her wings and learning the biz firsthand.

Draft saved Draft deleted