1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Presidential Poll No. 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jun 2, 2020.

?

Who will get your vote for president?

1. Donald Trump

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  2. Joe Biden

70 vote(s)
    86.4%
  3. Third-party candidate

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. Won't vote

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Maurice Duverger rolls merrily on.
    Duverger's law - Wikipedia

Driftwood likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Biden is not a great choice. He may not even be a good one, but he isn't Trump. He will at least fill cabinet positions. He will at least surround himself with competent people. He is not evil. That is enough for me. Not only will he get my vote, I signed up yesterday to do some volunteer work for his campaign. I've never done that in my life with any political candidate. The time for sitting on the sidelines is over. Trump MUST be defeated, and he must be defeated soundly.

Neutral Corner and qtlaw like this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

You could throw in George Wallace, who carried several southern states that would’ve gone to the Dixiecrats. That certainly helped Nixon win in 1968. Wallace was the most recent third party candidate to pull EVs.

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Well, I know of two of the Trump voters, and I know RTEXpress said he wasn't going to vote.

5. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

You've hit on the major issue with presidential elections, the electoral college.

I won't rehash the debate on here, but until our system changes, voters in 10 to 15 states (at most) matter in the presidential election. The other 35 to 40 states are voting for congressional, state and local positions only. Their state's electoral votes could be written down today.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

My Electoral College vote will go to Trump, unless he’s fired out of a canon while having sex with a donkey and splattered on the side of the Lincoln Memorial. Then, my Electoral College vote will go to whomever the GOP decides to replace Trump as their nominee.

7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If you look at 270 to Win's most recent "consensus" map, whoever wins in November will essentially be President of Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I’ll vote for Biden but likely go republican downballot. Trump is such an incompetent buffoon.

Democrats, with Biden and Pelosi, will then overplay their hand too far to the left and 2022 will be a re-balance midterm.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Who are the “Drumpf” voters here?!

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

They have two years to fix what Trump fucked up. We know the electorate has the memory span of an amoeba. Six years from Nixon to Reagan.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Why would anyone vote for Trump? Seriously.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted