1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

But the focus was on the Trump tweet blasting Mattis, later reinforced by Lindsey Graham

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Wait, Graham went after Mattis?

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

That was more the three regulars trying to spin it, I think. I was honestly surprised that it was shown in context at all.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

1) unemployment insurance coverage varies by the state and some say that you can’t receive UI for so long as you are receiving severance and others do not. That’s why some employers refer to severance as a bonus or the settlement of potential litigation in order to allow their employees to get UI as well. In terms of the lump sum piece, it often depends on how the employer responds to the questionnaire sent by the state — in those states where severance counts against UI, the employee likely is ineligible for the period of wage replacement which the severance equals.

2) If you find employment, even part time, you typically are not eligible for UI. The theoretical purpose of the benefit is to allow people some safety net so that they can find relatively comparable employment and not just take the first job offered to them.

MileHigh and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

He said he disagreed with him, and said states should take Trump up on his offer

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Former secretary of defense: Trump is a danger to the constitution
    Trump: I am secretary of the fence

[​IMG]

Mngwa likes this.
  8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

45th-dimensional chess: Build a wall around the White House and make the protesters pay for it!

(Along with all the other taxpayers)

TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

And yet Dale Murphy is STILL not in the HoF!

Driftwood, garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Tens of millions unemployed, many of those jobs never coming back. FATUS is toast in November, carve it in stone.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I am in the middle of this Venn diagram.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

States that do allow partial employment have rules about how much you’re allowed to earn and still be eligible for UI. For example, as long as I make less than $221 per week part-time then I can claim UI (once the clock ends on my severance).

sgreenwell, Webster and MileHigh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.