1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In exchange for Trump's immediate resignation, I am prepared to offer all the federal land in Wyoming for his personal use in addition to immunity from prosecution for all federal crimes he has committed.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I think you'd get more than a couple to flip -- Collins, Sasse, Murkowski -- but nowhere near the 20 you were going to need. I do wonder if someone like McSally, who is getting creamed in polls, would through a Hail Mary Yes vote but I doubt it.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No. No justice, no peace. He must be brought to the bar and answer for his crimes. We tried that with Nixon and the GW Bush administration and what did it get us but more evil?

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I wish it was that simple. The SOB is 43. He can (and will) play the long game for another 25-30 years until the time is just right for him to run. That, of course, means when he's told to run by the Beltway Insiders who've been grooming him since Harvard.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

He can run, but there’s no way that ugly motherfucker ever wins. The closest he’ll get to the White House is sucking Trump’s ass.

Don’t sleep on Hawley. He’d kill his grandma to be president. Probably grind her bones to make his bread, too.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Fair, but I would rather have a 100 percent chance of neutralizing him now than have to rely on a judicial system stuffed with his appointees.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

susan collins would be *strongly* concerned

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Nope.

But Susan Collins is concerned.

Edit: Shit, DSD beat me to it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Donald Trump's own cabinet secretaries and employees have denounced him. If they don't trust him, why should you?

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Here's the question:
    How does Fox and Friends and the entire network play the Mattis reveal?
    Cooper and Maddow can crow about it all night, but unless it gets in front of potential Trump voters ... well, if a tree falls in the forrest with no one around, does it make a sound?

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.