1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

The only reason anybody goes to West Virginia is because it's in the way of going fucking anywhere else

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Fox also has Biden up in Ohio (45-43) and Wisconsin (49-40) in polls completed Tuesday. It's June 3 and Real Clear Politics has Biden up almost 8 during a crisis we haven't seen the likes of in 50 years (by comparison, Clinton was up 1.5 on average in 2016 on June 3). We'll see what happens when the riots subside and jobs start coming back (if there is an actual recovery before election time), but right now—with appropriate caveats—Trump is trounced.

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 4.01.24 PM.png

3. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Only if the doctor used a generous definition of "resting" and Trump was sedated. The RHR seems even less plausible than the weight.

My RHR is in the low 50s, but I weigh 130 pounds and run 40 miles a week and live a relatively stress-free life.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It’s Obama’s 2008 map with Arizona and Indiana flipped - an even swap.

I want more. Complete repudiation. Pull the chain.

Fred siegle and Baron Scicluna like this.
  5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

As of this morning, I weight 172 pounds. I am closer to 244 than Trump is.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is probably the best case (realistic) scenario, given where our country is at these days. The only thing that could even plausibly happen to make this more lopsided is flipping Texas. I really don't see any other state that is currently red going blue. Maybe, maybe Missouri if for some reason a bunch of white guys stay home and more moderate white women and Blacks in and around St. Louis/Kansas City really turn out. I'm not holding my breath. Georgia, despite a growing progressive presence, won't flip. Indiana won't go blue. The remaining SEC states won't. The Midwest states won't.

7. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

The average human head weighs 11 pounds, so if Trump had half a brain that would bump him up to 250

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If Texas is a one-point state on Nov. 3. Georgia and Iowa will go for Biden. It'll be a wipeout supreme. Note. No guarantee any of that will happen. But if election was next Tuesday, they're calling it for Biden before the polls close on the West Coast.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was awesome, especially the ending.

garrow and OscarMadison like this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Cotton is clearly angling to take the Trump mantle for a 2024 run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.