1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is quite possible. Then again, most demonstrators (not looters or vandals) seem to be wearing masks, which has some palliative effect. Won't know until my June 30 birthday at the earliest.

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Doesn't tear gas inhibit the virus?

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Don't rubber bullets knock the virus out of you?

swingline, OscarMadison and Cosmo like this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I am amazed how fast the shift was from total quarantine to full-on demonstration crowds.

I get jumpy if I'm in the corner store with one other dude beside the proprietor.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If the killer hornets don't get them first.

OscarMadison and britwrit like this.
  6. Me too.

I watched CNN during dinner. Peaceful protests, but huge crowds, lots of yelling, very little social distancing, most (not everyone) wearing masks. Then I took a walk in my neighborhood. I saw six people significantly social distancing, all wearing masks, talking outside of a church entrance. It served as a stark reminder that we are in the middle of a pandemic.

I was struck by how many of my wife's friends, who have been social distancing for months, not only attended rallies, but took their young children to them. I'm nervous for all of them. Hopefully, all turns out OK.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I guess they should have picked a better time to kill black people in the streets.

Should they be wearing masks and distancing? Sure. Do I understand why they are not? Sure.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I thought about this yesterday when watching the live stream of the Richmond mayor's speech yesterday in front of City Hall. He had protesters right on stage with him, one yelling right in his face with neither of them wearing a mask. As much as I wanted to be involved at some level in the peaceful protests in my city, the crowd thing did give me a lot of pause. I can help in other ways, petitions, donations, etc., without putting my health at risk in a gigantic crowd. The crowds each day here were in the thousands, easily.

SFIND and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    "Looks like I picked a bad time to kill black people in the streets."

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    SFIND likes this.
  12. Vombatus