1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Adaptation to COVID world

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

My youngest granddaughter is two months old today, still no idea when I'll get to see her. Starting to wear me down.

I work at home anyway so that's been no issue. I do miss my gym. Coming up on three months. I'd just gotten into a good regular routine and was starting to feel a difference and then it got shut down.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm sad about your not being able to spend time with your granddaughter. When this ends, I am certain you are going to find a way to make up the lost time and them some.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  3. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Same. I had started down the path of losing weight and getting back into shape. Then the studio closed. Then, the gym in my apartment closed. I tried the "at-home" workouts for a bit, but those got old fast.

sgreenwell likes this.
  4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I had finally found a good pick-up hoops game, getting in three "runs" a week, as the kids say. Poof!

Severian likes this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ugh, I hate that for you and your granddaughter. My kids lost their spring break and summer trips to my mother's house, and those mean everything to all involved (and my wife and I get blessed downtime). I'm trying not to think of a canceled family Thanksgiving at mom's house but who the hell knows right now.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

We were supposed to meet our new granddaughter (and get a chance to see the older one) in early May when they were to come to Ontario for her christening. Kid was born in December and we've only met through video. We don't get to visit that often as they live on the East Coast but hoping they can reschedule once travel is easier.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Wait, round's a shape!

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Regarding workouts, quoth the Raven … nevermore.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

You just put the Allan Parsons Project song in my head.

garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  10. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

Nice ;)

11. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Pleasantly surprised that at our Publix today, nearly all (80-90%?) of the shoppers were wearing masks. Much higher percentage than two or four weeks ago. On the other hand, when I run in parks these days (maskless, but at a safe distance from others), I see lots of people who seem more casual than before about talking in groups.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

From Sunday through this Saturday, I will have attended two Zoom funerals and one Bat Mitzvah. Kind of surreal.

Draft saved Draft deleted