1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

MATLOCK!

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Hey Manchurian Candidate,

You know if there wasn’t any POLICE BRUTALITY, you wouldn’t need law and order.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In the criminal justice system, the people are divided into three separate yet unequal groups: minorities who are often treated unfairly, white people who are often treated fairly and the president of the United States who is above the law. DUN DUN

4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Won’t be Columbo
    Trump would think it was Sherrod Brown

388C452C-0BCE-4378-9DC8-27D5313A53E1.jpeg B8629D8B-83B9-48BD-831F-D1CDC58AAED5.jpeg

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tweeting the summary of his own story, Philip Rucker of the Post says "Trump and his advisers calculated he should not address the nation because he had nothing to say."

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It may be, but even if Biden wins by the slimmest of margins, he has to act as if he has a mandate. That is exactly what President Trump has done. that precedent exists now. The margin of victory no longer matters. Also, the biggest mistake Obama made was not being nearly aggressive enough. He did this from the start of his presidency to the end. He should have gone to war over Merrick Garland. He should have given the Senate a month to schedule hearings or he would simply consider the lack of a vote as consent and put him on the court. That is exactly what the Republicans would have done.

That war is coming if Biden wins in November and the Republicans hold the Senate. Assuming she makes it to that point, Is there any doubt that Ginsburg will retire shortly after a Democrat takes office? What will the excuse be from the Republicans then?

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The non-president howls into the abyss.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    GRIDLOCK!
    WHO AM I? WHY AM I HERE?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Their excuse will be what it always is, "fuck you." Which is why if the Democrats take the Senate, the filibuster should be abolished on day one and the courts packed from top to bottom on day two. Of course that won't happen, because Democratic Senators aren't wimps exactly, but they're accustomed to losing so never act like winners.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I don’t want Trump dead. I want him tortured for weeks on end until he’s shitting his orange jumpsuit and begging for death.

I want much worse for Mitch McConnell.

Cosmo likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

MURDER, HE WROTE!!!

(Except on the West Coast ...)

Deskgrunt50, HanSenSE, MTM and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.