1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

sorry and sorry for the next one

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Goober was Andy Griffith. haha, Not Green Acres.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You just managed to fit your sexism, your stupidity and your lack of class all into one post.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Here's something interesting out of Gov. Trumpfluffer's Georgia.
    On Wednesday, May 27, their scheme of including antibody tests with virus tests was exposed. Their test count for that day was -74,189. (They haven't gone back to correct any of the previous days' totals.)
    At any rate, they reported an average of 18,055 tests per day over the 14 days before they were caught. That number, of course, is inflated because it has not been corrected. So let's say the true count was 15,000 per day.
    In the three full reporting days (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) since the numerical follies came to light, they have reported a total of 14,082 test results, of which 13.4% have been positive. They were reporting < 4% positive rate in the days leading up to the revelation. With that figure, they patted themselves on the back.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Fuck yourself. Over and over. I don't owe you any good manners.

6. outofplace

That is why you fail.

All you care about is finding an excuse to behave like a boorish asshole. You think President Trump is your excuse, because you aren't intelligent enough to realize he is the reason not to be a sexist moron with no class. We don't win by becoming him, but you were him all along.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Interesting bit of projection by the biggest loon on the forum.

I am proud to say I not only never supported him for one instant nor have I ever fed one dollar into his fat maw.

I did go to a Generals game as a kid, but as I remember it the tickets were handouts. No one could sell them.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

How about everyone take a deep breath, go outside, chill out, and stop with the name-calling. Stat.

We thank you.

HC, HanSenSE, sgreenwell and 5 others like this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

What are you, a moderator or something?

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I feel like many other things these days, these past 32 months.

11. outofplace

Now go back and try reading it again, because you clearly didn't understand it the first time. I never said you supported him. I said you are him. It's a metaphor. I'm comparing your behavior to his. I really didn't think I'd have to explain metaphors to members of this board, but apparently. you missed those lessons on figurative language in middle school and high school.

Using his title and respecting the office is not supporting him. It is reminding everybody how badly half this country fucked up by electing him while still maintaining a shred of the dignity that he and his followers want us to abandon. His followers want us down in the mud with him and with them. It is how they justify their own terrible behavior. It is how they sway undecideds, by arguing that both sides are fucked up. Of course, that is a terrible argument, but people are being swayed by terrible arguments.

Sorry, MileHigh, but that needed clarification. If Fart wants to lob childish insults at me, that's fine. I can take it. What I'm not going just let pass is him misrepresenting what I have to say and why I post the way I do.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted