1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The science is simple. The virus is most easily spread through respiratory droplets. Masks keep MOST of your own droplets from traveling past them, and keep SOMEWHAT LESS of other people's droplets from hitting your respiratory system. Thus if a high percentage of the populace wears them in public, the spread of the virus is significant diminished but by no means eliminated.

HanSenSE and Jerry-atric like this.
  2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Hmmm ...

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Here is a good article to explain it for you.

The truth about masks

I am going on my Sunday cycling ride. Perhaps we can continue this conversation when I return.

Have a wonderful afternoon!

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There are tons of solid explainers that you are ignoring. Wash your masks. Put them in the sun. This isn't hard.

An N-95 (which 99% of us don't have and can't get without spending crazy money) will protect you if worn properly and not subverted by your other behaviors. Cloth masks primarily serve to keep the wearer from spreading the disease while asymptomatic and shedding virus. They do provide some degree of protection to the wearer, but not immunity. You wear them along with hand washing, staying away from crowds, all the other advice you get in order to minimize your chances of catching Covid.

Or you could just do nothing because you have a low opinion of wearing a mask. I'll take what protection I can get, thank you very much.

SFIND, Mngwa and Jerry-atric like this.
  5. Regan MacNeil

Hmmm ...

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Well played.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The new Plague ships

[​IMG]

Typhoid Mary, RN

[​IMG]

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One reason for it is contrarian assholes like you. Either you really are in favor of President Trump despite your denials or you are arguing on his side anyway.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

You're the one calling him 'President Trump' you fuckin pussy.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

go sneeze at the mirror

11. Regan MacNeil

Seems better directed at RTExpress. I was just reposting his dipshittery.

12. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

you are kidding right? better job explaining? is trump press conferences your only source? if only there was a way to get info about masks.

Draft saved Draft deleted