1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

He’s like Nostradamus.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I often post, to the chagrin of some, that I've yet to hear a Trump voter admit a mistake.
    Well it is only fair to report that has changed. I've now seen it once. Seen not heard because it was on a friend's Facebook post that lit Trump up pretty hard.
    A guy replied, "Hey, I'm going to be honest and all of you can unfriend me because I deserve it. I voted for him. Frankly, I thought he'd be less of a shitshow than the other candidate. I could not have been more wrong. It was a mistake and I'm sorry."

Replies were all pretty supportive along the lines of hey, appreciate your honesty and your willingness to admit the mistake. Some were a bit nasty.

I do wonder how many of the 63 million wish they had voted differently?

I'm still not convinced he won't win again.

3. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Then stage a separate "G9" meeting and include Russia and India.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

He could, sure. Either major party candidate since 1988 had a real chance to win (poor Mike Dukakis once led Bush 41 by 17 points). But the odds against him get longer and longer. Today's WaPo poll: Biden 53-Trump 43.

5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Not the point and you know it. Russia was expelled from the G-8 for a reason.
    And the only reason Trump postponed it, and said he wanted to expand, was that once Merkel declined it was unlikely anyone else would come.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

He got on Twitter to let us know
    Got a thing for racism and he can't let go
    My friends wonder what is wrong with him
    Well he's in a daze from the drugs, you see

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Have faith, it’s free and what good is it to worry over something you can’t control? Look if we can’t vote him out now, we live among idiots.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

So, who's going to the races today?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trumpism in a nutshell

Donny in his element and garrow like this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is noteworthy how in three separate but equal national crises, the reaction of the political world, including his own administration, is to keep Trump the hell out of it. 1. CARES Act negotiated between Pelosi and Mnuchin, Trump nowhere near it. 2. Coronavirus briefings ended because they were killing Trump's poll numbers. 3. Should Trump address the nation on racial distress and civic unrest? I'd bet every Republican in Congress up for re-election this year is thinking, "oh, God please no."

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Remember when he rushed into MSD High and stopped the shooter singlehandedly despite bone spurs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.