1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Sure, if the information from that would give you something you are looking for.

But one nursing home outbreak in Hooterville likely would skew things and could give the wrong impression ("See, these goobers opened up and now they're paying for it!" when that wouldn't really be the case at all).

2. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a very good point.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Fun?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Compelling. Sorry.

We see states' data so often. But that doesn't really illustrate how tightly concentrated this is.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Can I just state this might be the post of the year - easily the best thread opener. I am impressed that this board was on it Jan. 21st.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

They are just imitating what we saw our boomer parents did to our grandparents. Tough to take care of an elderly relative when both parents work due to wage stagnation or a divorce.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Alma’s like if Helen Lovejoy and Comic Book Guy had a fuck trophy that came to life.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. The people sending their parents to nursing homes are people my age - in their 50s.

Are the hipster 20-30 somethings to blame for that as well?

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The county I grew up in (Erie, in Western NY) is brown. A nursing home in my little hometown (pop. 7,000) had 36 deaths. Inconceivable.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I always remember the home my great aunt was in when I was a kid.
    There was never a time I walked into the building that it didn't smell faintly (or strongly) of urine.
    I don't know how a lot of this is going to shake out but I am confident in saying that business model - long-term care homes - has been vaporized. It ain't coming back.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers.

doctorquant likes this.
  12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I agree with the Boomer. I don’t think it’s necessarily true that both parents work out of a reaction to something else. Often, they both want to work. Company and career above family.

Draft saved Draft deleted