1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

upload_2020-5-29_15-37-37.jpeg

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I and others use the Ozarks and beach people as illustrations of the attitude that is allowing this to continue to spread. And it isn't hard to connect the dots between actions like crowding into pools in the Ozarks or beaches in Florida or bars in Wisconsin to people in nursing homes who are dying from this. Considering people in homes typically don't go out much, it has to be brought in. Those bringing it in are the workers or family members. Those workers and family members interact in public. The public contain those who think this isn't enough of a big deal to take simple precautions and spread the disease.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In the small Cape Cod town I am in now, there has been only one virus fatality. He was an 86 year old physician who was the Primary Care doctor for two small nursing homes. Kept working at that job, virus or no virus. There's a damn hero for you.

4. lakefront

doesn't seem logical.

5. lakefront

What no Piggly Wiggly stories people?

6. lakefront

Would it be soooo bad to just wish for a few, just a few, of these people to get it.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I went to one once, 20-some years ago. Does that count?

lakefront likes this.
  8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

They still exist?

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

In one way it does.

And that's if you stipulate it's not going to just go away with everyone sheltering. Thus, we're just hiding from it. And eventually we'll have to come out of hiding --- in phases --- and that over time everyone that was going to get infected will get infected.

But I can see where it might not seem logical. Remember also, however, a few weeks ago when Cuomo said two-thirds of new cases in NY were from people who literally stayed at home. As long as SOME people have to be out and about performing essential services, they will infect those in their home, and there really is no hiding from it. Not forever, anyway.

lakefront likes this.
  10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I hope not. I would not wish COVID 19 on my worst enemy.

11. lakefront

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

McConnell has the reputation of being a masterful politician. Will this really play well with his klan? He's going through the Trumpist talking point about how unemployment benefits discourage work. This line assumes that there will be jobs for people to go back to. Has he ascertained that his klan will still be so focused on hatred of The Other that it will continue to support this?

Draft saved Draft deleted