1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

And speaking of preventable, if it does slow down and come back in the fall he won't be prepared then either. With all that we know now, we will still be looking for supplies and guidelines and they won't be there. Even after all of this he will fail again.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

There's a movie scene that keeps ringing through my head during this whole debate. Of course, some folks will argue that it ought to be changed from "or" to "and."

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Or, or, because we recognize this hurts the more vulnerable among us, we criticize those who throw a tantrum about wearing masks in public or going out of their way to avoid crowds when possible. If the young and healthy don't catch it, they won't spread it to those working in facilities who will then not spread it to the elderly in the facilities.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

You mean the interview where he said it’s more important for first responders and care givers to have masks than Karen on the street? That’s when we had no masks for our front line. He was allocating resources. Now, we have masks, he says people should wear them.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. lakefront

I don't even know how trying to prevent cases extended this. First time I have heard that. Fuck the snowflakes that won't wear a mask, they are the bad guys, they deserve every thing they get. You know why? Because it is a PANDEMIC.
    And it's trumps fault that we are getting new cases even now. If we had better testing for everyone we would know who should stay home.
    and you know if people do not want to go along with these things then we don't deserve to be a society. (I think society is going downhill anyway and this planet will not be living for as long as we had assumed it would, but that doesn't mean I want to hurry it along)

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. lakefront

It will be----fill in the blank----if it comes back in the fall and starts killing younger people.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I think everyone should wear a mask while shopping. I do. I am not going to a crowded place for a long time.
    That said, I am not ready to blame the Ozarks and beach people on what shows in this statistic. I can't connect those dots.
    [​IMG]

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. lakefront

I think the A.A. factor may have to do with weight. possibly

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Many people are making their own masks. They always could have done such. You've never needed a "first responder" mask, and I'm sure the thing my wife's employer gave her (which she gave to me, since she made her own) probably isn't state-of-the-art quality. But it likely accomplishes its intended purpose for the most part.

Dr. Fauci did more damage in that 60 Minutes interview than a hundred Lake of the Ozarka

Because, according to the first story (of an ever-changing dialog), it wasn't about "preventing" cases; it was about spreading them out so health care resources would not get overextended. The basic premise stated "the same number of people eventually will be infected." Now if THAT'S incorrect, so be it. I suggest a strongly worded letter to the editor of livescience.com.

Coronavirus: What is 'flattening the curve,' and will it work? | Live Science

Hypertension, perhaps?

African-Americans are More Likely to Develop High Blood Pressure by Middle Age

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/coronavirus-hypertension-high-blood-pressure-medications/

Last edited: May 29, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted