1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Just wow

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That leaves who exactly? Kamala Harris and Tammy Duckworth fit the bill but again, they do not expand the electoral map. Stacey Abrams is the female Pete Buttigieg — call me in 12 or 16 years.

Absent any low-hanging fruit, Gov. Michelle Lujan-Grisham in NM might be a get. Five EVs might make all the difference.

OscarMadison and Tweener like this.
  3. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Wild guess here, but he's "joking" about how he returned from the India trip just before the spread of COVID-19 became an international thing.
    He can't articulate a single thought, so who knows?

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Resolved: Trump’s instant anti-Twitter EO is the most dictatorial step in the history of the Presidency.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

New Mexico has gone blue every election since 1992 except for 2004.

Val Demings apparently is on the list.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

And for those of you predicting the end of the Republican Party, let me remind you that it was just a little more more than six years between Nixon's disgrace and Reagan's first election.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. TigerVols

The good: She has a public health background, and she's pretty good at getting things done.
    The bad: She violated her own lockdown order by having a jewelry store open so she could go shopping.
    The who cares: I used to work with her SIL who is a video editor in ABQ.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So "midwest" isn't good enough? They have to be from a state that needs to be flipped?

[​IMG]

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Perfect comparison on Mayor Pete and Abrams. Wake me when you've held an office and done something in it. Neither one of them would earned any attention in a time before Trump, whose election seems to have given some people the thought, "Hey, if he can be elected, I can be elected." That's not the standard we need in America these days.

Don't know that New Mexico would expand the map, however.

No matter who he picks, he'll be criticized.

11. TigerVols

Nope; FDR didn't act alone on that 48 hours after being insulted by Japanese online.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

you just can't give him credit for being the first and only president to go after the real problem of the media while you were all gloom and doom about the nasty chinese virus and distracted by your desire to see our country and our president fail he focused on the unfair first amendment now we can move on to greatness i can't wait for the first sotu address on gab

tapintoamerica likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.