1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SNL's Continued Downward Spiral Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Been a nice thing and pretty well done. I’ve had appointment TV when it’s on along with the Jordan documentary.

And Cesily with the Pirro bit!

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Loved Boyz II Men - I think SNL will get an Emmy or two for what they pulled off with this At Home stuff. Many of the bits were on par and better than the usual fare (run of the mill restaurant sketch/talk show sketch)

nietsroob17 likes this.
  4. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Keenan crushed it.

OscarMadison and Iron_chet like this.
  5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Spoiler no DJ Jonathan Feinsten

6. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Around midseason, I pondered how I'd give out SNL awards. With the abbreviated season over, my feelings didn't really change a lot.

- The Oscar/Joker skit is still my skit of the year. But as someone who was obsessed with the Ninja Turtles as a kid, I loved the Middle-Aged Mutant Ninja Turtles bit in the first at home SNL.
    - Mikey Day is still my male MVP, but Kyle Mooney was able to "steal" the LeastVP award from Pete Davidson. To me, Kyle is just so one-note in almost everything he does. He's like the typical "skater/surfer kid" we all went to school with, and most of what he contributes is the random crap they burn off in the 10-til-1:00 slot. With Pete, he didn't do much, but I enjoyed the music videos he did in the At Home episodes -- especially the one with Sandler.
    - Heidi Gardner with the edge on Cicely as female MVP. Kate McKinnon was good as always, but did a lot of cruise control with the same ol' stuff she typically does. Chloe Fineman had a strong rookie year with her impressions and will likely have to duke it out with Melissa as a the cast impressionist.

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The OJ bit was super funny and smart.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

9. nietsroob17

15 Emmy noms this year, including supporting actor/actress for Kenan, Kate and Cicely and five more for guest appearances.

Saturday Night Live

10. nietsroob17

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Nothing against Baldwin or Carrey, but I'm starting to tire of the constant "stunt casting" to portray a political figure or office holder. The linked story says SNL will have its biggest cast "in recent memory" this season. They couldn't find a single regular cast member that could do a good Biden impression? Or Trump for that matter?

Iron_chet and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted