1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2020 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nietsroob17, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember when they had a "King of Cable" tournament (won by Sting). I remember thinking, "who gives a fuck if you're king of cable? Are they going to have a battle royal with the King of the networks, the king of PBS and the King of the PTL channel?"

JRoyal likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah. I know they are just trying to do the old school TV title, but the name is weird.

JRoyal likes this.
  3. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

What if they get moved to TBS what happens to the title? What if the NCAA tournament or baseball ever come back and pre empts them to Tru TV is the belt allowed on that channel

add: Cody announces an open challenge...then leaves (traditionally there’s an answer and a match when you have open challenges?!?)....then we have a battle royal to determine Codys challenger?!!?

Speaking of WCW booking....

4. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll add a YouTube title that can only be defended on during their AEW Dark matches that they put online.

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

An internet-based championship, you say?
    [​IMG]

6. nietsroob17

I see Chuck Liddell, MVP in the red, JTG, Chris Masters, Mickie James, Lillian Garcia, Victoria (the girls around Al Snow), Carlito, R-Truth (?), Chavo, Kofi, Shelton Benjamin and John Morrison.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sounds like the lineup for the Andre the Giant Battle Royal.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

isn’t that Elijah Burks behind Chavo?

9. nietsroob17

Because of protests over George Floyd, Atlanta's Fox station has pre-empted Smackdown for live coverage.

Judging by what I've seen so far on Twitter, I'm not missing much. WWE in its ludicrous norm.

10. JimmyHoward33

Randy Orton would’ve been somewhere on the 35th page of rasslers I expected to do this

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He wasn't sure about the issue, but then he heard voices in his head. They counseled him, and now he understands.

12. JimmyHoward33

it was outta no where

Batman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted