1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

No, it's really not.

The urge for people to go into full Eeyore mode around here is just weird, man.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I used to be an idealist, then I was broken and became a cynic - now I'm a cautiously optimistic realist. Short term - I don't put anything past this President and his enablers who seem to be able to create their own reality - Long term - we will ultimately shake ourselves from this fever dream, hopefully a better nation that no longer takes norms and expertise for granted and even moreso - values and respects them.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

The video thread is better with plenty of expletives.

5. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Pennsylvania = Pittsburgh + Philadelphia with Alabama in the middle.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Zuckerberg said social media isn't responsible for being the arbiter of truth.
    That little rat fucker should be number one of the list of people whose ass needs kicked.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Dobbs is a jackass for uttering this. Trump is a jackass for tweeting this. And anyone who wants four more years of this.....

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's not Nov. 4 yet. Absolutely nothing good can be allowed to happen --- or be perceived to be happening --- until then.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

someone tell him ricin is effective against rona

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Weekly new unemployment claims = 2,123 million more.

Continuing claims = 21,052 million.

The new claims are worse than was expected. Would have hoped it would be calming down more than it is.

Second GDP estimate for the first quarter brought down to negative 5 percent from negative 4.8 percent.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This really is a new level of despicable. I know Pennsylvania politics are particularly ugly right now. I've been hearing about it from my younger brother and one of my closest friends, who are both on the side of re-opening without being idiots about it. They feel like they are stuck in the middle as all of the various governments (state and local) fight over which approach to take.

I've also got a Trumpist cousin in Pittsburgh who keeps sharing ridiculous crap mixed in with his obsessive posting about his children and his dogs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.