1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Was it really an "I'm sorry you are upset" apology? The one I read, she apologized directly to him and admitted she was in the wrong. She was way out of line with what we saw on the video and I'm sure she is only apologizing because the whole thing got her in trouble. I'm just asking about what she actually said.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The real problem is the damned libruhl media whose hatred of Amurrica inspires them to write bad things about our heroic first responders. So saith Fox News et al.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Hat Man thinks suspects say "I can't breathe" as a ruse to get cops to let up so they can attack them.

I'm 100 percent certain that's not a thing.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I’ve missed hat man.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Watch the video dickhead Hat Man. All the guy did was sit down.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Some people go so far out of their way to miss the point, it's truly amazing. It's as if he thinks this is the first time anything like this has ever happened.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

This is starting to feel like '68 - not that I was part of it or anything - but people are pissed off on both sides of the political spectrum, the economy has people freaked, the virus has people freaked, the stock market (on some days) has people freaked, the election has people freaked, the social distancing has people freaked and everyone is looking for an avenue to vent. We're all like bulls looking for someone holding a red cape to charge. The Floyd death on top of the Georgia murder, combined with the militia types protesting INSIDE the Lansing capital makes is pretty hard for people to believe in justice anymore.

9. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

I've brought up '68 on here in the past. You even had a disjointed Democratic primary that had some similarities to 2020.

You have an anti-establishment candidate beloved by college students (McCarthy/Sanders) who ends up challenged by someone considered a friend (RFK/Warren), a lot of shifts in the polls with different candidates leading at different points in time, and seismic changes to the race (LBJ dropping out, RFK getting shot, coronavirus).

Ultimately the Dem establishment rallied around a familiar face (Humphrey/Biden), much to the chagrin of progressives.

And like Trump, Nixon wasn't afraid to play outside of the rules.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Yeah, but in 1968 the incumbent party lost the presidential election....to a former VP!

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Colts win NFL Championship Game 34-0 and Apollo 8 goes around the moon.

This 7-year-old thought 1968 was the coolest.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

FNC is such a malevolent part of American popular culture.

Draft saved Draft deleted