1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Brilliant timing.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

FIFY

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Luckily he got that Medal of Freedom.

garrow likes this.
  5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't Limbaugh's far off there. I also don't that reflects well on Trump. He's a malicious troll with this stuff, and he absolutely gets a kick out of working up his perceived enemies, who frequently (because he's president) take the bait. It's a very unpleasant cycle.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Agreed. While the heart of the problem is obviously Trump's moronic, immature and ignorant attitude, it'd be a shame to overlook all the enabling dipshits who realize what the President is doing and don't take the next tiny logical step to, "Maybe we shouldn't elect someone so fucking stupid to the most important job in the world."

HanSenSE, TowelWaver, Webster and 2 others like this.
  7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

They're all just like, "Well, that's just Trump."

Exactly. Which is why he may be the worst elected official in the history of the country.

garrow likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Otherwise as known as leadership.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

In short, Trump is stealing Limbaugh's act. It's weird, I don't think I could find 20 people outside of NY or DC who care one whit about the Scarborough thing - but yet there appears to be a big segment of people that love to hear lefties get flamed just imagining all of the agony they are going through being verbally tortured day after day. It's odd - maybe that's why "LibRadio" never quite took off - that appetite just isn't there on the other side. (If anything - judging by NPR and The New Yorker - libs love reading and hearing about all of the injustices and suffering among their own folk and disadvantaged groups)
    On a related note - Mark Levin was on the air yesterday (the last 20 minutes if you want to look it up) eulogizing his dog and I don't know if it was encouraging knowing he actually has the capacity to care about something and be honest about it - or sadly ironic given the dog was up in years and he spent thousands of dollars keeping it around as long as he could (while Levin has no problem pushing for the economy to open up despite the hightened risk to older Americans).

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The weird thing is, Trump's appearances at those coronavirus briefings was the second-worst (ACA repeal attempt still number one) political blunder of his Presidency. That's the reason they stopped, the poll numbers scared him. Turns out people weren't enthusiastic about a ranting loony at the wheel during a plague.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Finally, after three plus years, the displaced workers of Mahoning County get what they wanted from Trump.

matt_garth and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Monkey see, monkey do. Pence practices his centaur stance. Total fucking freak show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.