1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is not good. Thank you for pointing that out. I was focused on the “R” number under 1.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

HC, HanSenSE, I Should Coco and 10 others like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This
    Rt Covid-19 doesn’t indicate what I thought it would. If you look at the NY state page and knew nothing about what has actually happened, you would think they never had a problem. The R number has (April 10- ) has always been well under the critical factor of 1.

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I know he was probably “tipped” off “ahead of time,” but that is still amazing timing by the photographer.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It tells me you really have to live under extreme circumstances --- "You’ve clearly never been to a NYC grocery store. Yes, it’s impossible to stay 2 feet away, let alone 6 or 10,'' says Deskgrunt50 --- for this thing to go nuts on you.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, those church members in Heber Springs, Ark., are EXTREME.

8. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

“Extreme circumstances,” or, to one of the 11 million or so who live in New York, “circumstances.”

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It looks like a huge portion of this country is pretty much going on with most of their lives, despite what the stay the fuck home crowd says here.
    Shit, even Gavin Newsom is opening things up. When Gavin Newsom is allowing flea markets, I think we can say that most things are opening back up.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

An outbreak is one thing. Can happen anywhere groups gather. But it's easy to avoid large groups of people --- in 99.99 percent of cities. Including Heber Springs.

Harder to do in grocery stores where everyone is crammed 2 feet apart.

(my haircut today was marvelous. well worth the $35 tip)

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Whoa, you've discovered densely populated areas are hit harder than where few people live? Look at the big brain on BTE.

I wouldn't call city life extreme, it's just life. It's not for everybody. Some people can handle it, some people can't or don't want to.

New York got battered because there was no leadership, starting at the very top. Not only was there no federal leadership, Trump's actions and inaction made it far worse than it should have been. The completely fucked up Oval address sent travelers in Europe flooding back at once, with no precautions whatsoever.

Don't worry, though, New York will bounce back and continue to provide for the moocher states.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It should start to open up. And it can happen because of the precautions that were taken.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted