1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Those kids can't all go to the Trumpist/DeVos Academies of Literal Bible Learning' and Science Denial. I don't think Saint Betsy of the Amway Products can build enough of them to meet the demands when kids drop out of those "government schools."

Driftwood likes this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

We've got some real "gems" feeding at the ultra-conservative trough here in Idaho. Janice McGeachin, Heather Scott, Wayne Hoffman, Raul Labrador ... just to name a few. Iowa's idiot congressman Steve King would fit right in.

The only reason Little was elected — by Idaho standards, a "chamber of commerce" Republican rather than a True Believer — is two ultra-conservatives ran against him in the 2018 GOP primary, and split the arch-conservative votes. Of course, Little went on to cruise in the general election.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Small update: second Covid-19 test came back negative. The electronic bracelet is off and I am free to roam about the city... just in time to learn the street in front of my place is Grand Central for the Hong Kong protests. I picked a hell of a time and place to try to squeeze a few more years out my career in newspapers.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That points to one of my concerns. These parents who are talking about opting out of public school in the fall may be choosing no education at all for their children. Technically, that isn't legal, but I imagine that is going to be a lot tougher to enforce than normal this September. Home schooling, if some try to go that route, involves a lot more than sticking a book in front of junior and going to work.

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is a good point.

8. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Asked no one. (or it didn't get any coverage)

9. Jerry-atric

President Trump asked.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Alabama stats as of yesterday. I like this tracker. Alabama COVID-19 Case Tracker

New cases per day, 7 day avg. - 467
    7 day positive tests - 11.7%
    Rt - .99

11. Jerry-atric

It looks like things are starting to improve. That’s great news.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Click through and look at the graphs.

Draft saved Draft deleted