1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

White woman went to ‘racist place’ calling cops on black man
    in Central Park, but she doesn’t deserve death threats, he says

“I can’t see how that addresses the underlying issues. I think it’s important to move beyond this instance and this one individual. Too much focus has been put on her when it really is about the underlying issues that have plagued this city and this country for centuries. Racial issues,” he said.

A graduate of Harvard University’s class of 1984, Christian suggested he’s willing to reconsider his assessment of Amy Cooper based on her actions going forward.

“I don’t think she was thinking in that moment. I’m very upset she’s getting death threats. That’s antithetical to the appropriate response,” he said.

“If you’re upset that she put my life in danger by trying to bring the cops down on a black man, then how can you turn around and make a death threat? That makes no sense. It’s downright awful,” he told The News.

cyclingwriter2 and OscarMadison like this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I got my letter today, also. Even though I had a pretty good idea what it was, an envelope with "Department of the Treasury, Internal Revenue Service" in the return address causes a knot in the stomach.

lakefront likes this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Speaking of police brutality and current events and what's new is old, didn't David Carr make his bones reporting on police brutality in Minneapolis?

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Joe Scarborough needs to feature a different woman who has accused Trump of sexual assault every day from now till election day.

Driftwood and Baron Scicluna like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

So Alabama has a choice in the Trumpist primary between an apostate from the Church of Trump and an Auburn guy. Hilarious. Enjoy the Civil War. Sadly, only one of them can lose.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

first college campuses and now the interwebs i hope you're happy now cools was it worth it

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I don't care about how Republicans feel. Do u?

11. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

When you're ranting about mail-in ballots, you're just one tiny step from being obsessed with fluoride.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Hat Guy to the White Courtesy Phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.