1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Word up! Has anyone gotten a Cameo as a gift for someone?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, May 24, 2020.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’m really thinking about Fiona the Hippo for my wife.

The prices people are charging, or not charging, is amazing.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Pancake.

Bunny.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

4. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I figured it’d be all D-listers, and then I saw Joe Maddon.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Laker Girls did a routine to Word Up! during Showtime. It was a good routine.

Iron_chet likes this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I was once pulled over for weaving. I blame Cameo. I was driving a friend home after a long day and night of waiting for the final mid-season trade announcements. It was stupid o'clock, and we noticed that every traffic light in Downtown Nashville was blinking in time to "Word Up." It really isn't that funny, but we were so tired it was hilarious to us right then. One of Metro's Finest pulled us over in front of City Hall and I tried hard to stop laughing. We snorted, we wept, and we giggled as we tried to explain that we had been watching various media coordinators, coaches, GMs, and players try to talk when they were paid to do anything but that the rest of the year and we were tired and Cameo is funny.

My friend showed him her laminate and grabbed mine off my rear-view mirror. I'd taped a picture of a tarsier over the team mascot.

He followed us across the river to a convenience store and made me get a cup of coffee and drink it before he let us go.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good times with this song.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Friend of mine bought Barry Williams (Greg Brady) and he was... magnificent.

Even sang a song for his wife. She was beyond thrilled.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

It surprised me, too. I went thirty pages in. While most of them were, "Who?" there were a few I didn't expect: John Cleese, Bob Saget, Ed Asner, Miranda Hart...

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Can I get a cameo of Cameo on Cameo?

11. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

A local brewery used it to post on their social media pages and had Terry Francona talk about the Indians (we're in Ohio, so makes sense).

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Aikman at 800

I got my wife Fiona the Hippo for 100.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted