1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Here's the thing: continuing to shout at someone leads to violence.
    I was the first person here to advocate for non escalation of hostilities.
    I'm a calm and level headed person who takes kick boxing classes and conceal carries.
    I'm only going to take so much of people shouting at me.
    That's me, a calm, sensible person.
    What happens when when the person being accosted has the same skill sets as I, but they are a friggin nutjob? See how this behavior could take an ugly turn really fast?

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Because violence is as easy as opening a window...

3. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

She is pretty racist.

On the other hand, any man filming a woman he doesn't know in a secluded area of Central Park usually won't get a good reaction. Even if they're white.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

My Publix is a mile from my condo, a 20-25 minute walk
    My CVS is on the beach, about an hour walk
    I’m a diabetic so I have to walk for exercise and I always wear a mask
    CVS sells them for two bucks a mask
    I figure the healthier I can be the chances of catching COVID decrease

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oh for Christ's sake. She's threatening him and he doesn't have the right to record the incident. Fuck that. The bad part is that when she assumes NYPD will believe her and not him, she ain't wrong.

JC, qtlaw and OscarMadison like this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Because drinking the tears of one's enemies out of their newly cleaned skull has lost its oomph?

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He was no altar boy, believe me.

8. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Well, it's Memorial Day, and Georgia has the 20th highest rate of confirmed cases per million and the 16th highest rate of reported covid deaths per million., which is an improvement over its rankings when reopening was announced. Despite that, I think it's premature and probably wrong to conclude that the opening hasn't been all that damaging compared to what other states have done. If the state's numbers are accurate (not always a safe assumption), the 7-day average of confirmed cases dropped by about a third between the weeks ending April 22 and May 11 but rose each day after that through at least May 19, and cases are still being added to the most recent days (Georgia counts a case on the day when symptoms began if it knows that date, not the date of the reported test result). Some of this increase in the number of cases is probably the result of increased testing, but it's hard to tell how much since the state was including antibody tests in its testing numbers and hasn't yet disaggregated them.

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I do not remember where I read it, but I saw where a number of people are going through some tough losses right now. My thoughts are with you even if my memory is something akin to guava jelly in a paper cup right now. Stay strong.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As I've said before, IMO the first time we will have enough information to even try to accurately assess the "reopenings" is my birthday, June 30.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado had its first double-digit (as opposed to triple-digit) increase in cases today since March 20.

Yes, it's a holiday weekend.

But it also had a reported 3,375 new tests, for a reported 2.8 percent of new tests coming back as positive, the lowest since this started.

The seven-day average of new cases coming back as positive is 8.5 percent, the lowest since this started.

I take that as very good news as the governor announced today that restaurants statewide can partially reopen on Wednesday (but for some reasons, not bars and breweries) and the Denver mayor and the surrounding counties, shockingly, didn't object.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't see any need to wait till June.

Draft saved Draft deleted