1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Oct 18, 2013.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Doosan is back. I'm seeing 9.5 at one of my books. Giddy up with the Keselowski win.

MileHigh likes this.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm on it, along with a smidge on the moneyline. Great work on Brad K.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My Der Klassiker bets for tomorrow — Haaland +510 first goal and +105 for combined over 3.5 goals.

exmediahack likes this.
  4. exmediahack

For Doosan totals, I'll just grab the lowest total I see when the lines open. Then, at the end of the night (before first pitch), I'll see if I can catch it tonight for a middle. I put 5 units on O9.5 -115. My other books are 10 Over -120 so their next step to 10.5. if I can get this at 10.5 (or even 11) later tonight, I'll try and middle it.

Dumb luck on Keselowski on my end but it was +1600.

Any time he's at least +800, I consider that good value on him. He usually wins about 3 circuit races a year.

As for soccer, with no fans, I'd blindly just take the OVER and look to pair it with a ML on the favorite. I believe we'll see it in soccer and, especially, the NBA playoffs. When a team that knows it has less talent is trailing, I think they'll be more likely to quit when playing in a vacuum.

playthrough and MileHigh like this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'll be looking closely at first half unders if/when the NBA resumes. No one's gonna be sharp right away.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yup. And will be interesting to see how those lines/numbers get set. Completely new territory. No fans. Neutral sites. Sequestered in place in Orlando.

7. exmediahack

I think NBA totals may not even be that far off from normal. The shooting may not be as good right away... but I don't think the defensive intensity will be as easy to pick up with no crowd.

I'll look for better teams but also younger teams that can get back in game shape quicker.

MileHigh likes this.
  8. MileHigh

We also need to know the format. Every team to let teams get their legs? How much of a training camp? Jump right to the playoffs? Have more playoff teams ala the NHL?

9. exmediahack

If they're really going to play 7-game series, I anticipate a whole lot of just picking favorites. Even more than usual.

10. exmediahack

Doosan didn’t get to 10.5. Bought four units back at 10. See if it hits 10. :)

11. exmediahack

5 in the 8th and give up 1 in the 9th for a 6-4 win.

Let me add that up. That’s ten runs. Middle.

12. MileHigh

Wow.

Draft saved Draft deleted