1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Many grocery stores have delivery services. We utilize Instacart. You may want to look into it.

2. Jerry-atric

That’s a good point.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

No. It isn’t.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That’d be applicable if there were mass shamings outside bars when drunk dudes walked to the their car to drive it.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

You have no idea about that. It’s an enclosed space. In a hot spot. And mandated by the state. This isn’t hard, even for you, to understand.

Don’t want to wear a mask in Pigsknuckle, Arkansas? Fine.

In NYC in an enclosed space? Go fuck yourself.

Fred siegle likes this.
  6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

In our house, because I make the rules, we sometimes use a grocery delivery service.

If anyone in the household says that they “utilize” the service, that person has to wash his or her mouth out with generic cola (of the sort no one knows what flavor it’s actually supposed to be).

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

nah

madd-demonstration-st-patrick-s-day-parade-23795653.jpg

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There are laws against drunk driving, strict ones. And lots of cops in cop cars who make a point of enforcing them every day and night. Would Alma be happier if that was how mask wearing was enforced, large fines and/or jail time, rather than "shaming"?

9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Michael Moore was on Maher the other night and he is asking people to commit to heading to Washington if trump refuses to leave.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Media is correct to focus on the lake bars on the Ozarks and similar scenes because the combination of unmasked people standing next to each other creates a disproportional problem. Sure, the total number of people who refuse to wear masks is small, but if the Freedom Lovers congregate in a small number of large groups -- particularly in resort areas -- they create a disproportionate ripple effect when they return to their home turf.

Inky_Wretch and OscarMadison like this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh.

Woman ignored a yield sign and cut me off at a roundabout in my neighborhood last week. She was wearing a mask. Alone. In a car. Good thing she's so concerned about the safety and well-being of her fellow citizens. :)

12. Jerry-atric

It is still important to be cautious, of course. My aunt surprised me with a reversible mask. It has the UK Wildcats on one side, and the Hilltoppers on the other.

Draft saved Draft deleted