1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I don't see it magically going away. It's probably only going to get worse until something really bad happens.
    I'd love to put the Facebook/Twitter/conspiracy theory/24-hour news cycle genie back in the bottle.
    When Trump goes away, some switch isn't going to be flipped, and people will start acting like human beings again.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Agree.
    I'd also say that "until something really bad happens" is happening right now with the virus. People complained, and were irritated, and made jokes about him, but they were all somewhat harmless until now. When he had to step up and be a leader, he was incapable.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Driftwood

I hope you're right, but my fear of something really bad involves some of these idiots showing up in public in their "operator" (god, I hate that term... I'd rather hear nails on a blackboard) gear and something resembling a pitched battle ensues on an American street.

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

It’s heading that way.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Kinda sounds like the Civil War, eh?

But I see what you mean. I hoped nobody would take a shot at Obama, but I honestly thought someone might.

6. Jerry-atric

That we know of.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

All it takes to start Civil War II is some dildo lighting a firecracker during one of these capitol faceoffs.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  9. Driftwood

95% of the wannabe SEALs will piss down their leg when live rounds are fired IN their direction but not before a bunch of people are killed.

HanSenSE, Jerry-atric and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I started to type something else before I posted.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

That’s just a normal day on Staten Island. And more polite than usual.

I get there are regional differences. If you’re not in a hard-hit area, maybe wearing a mask doesn’t seem important.

In New York? In a store? An enclosed space with a lot of people? Not wearing a mask just makes you a gaping asshole looking for a fight.

That person wanted to cause a problem. I don’t blame anyone who shouted her out.

lakefront and Jerry-atric like this.
  12. Jerry-atric

A few years ago, my sister’s neighbor broke her ankle running from an errant “mortar.” Even in the best of times, Fourth of July fireworks can cause frightening situations.

This year, I am staying indoors.

Draft saved Draft deleted