1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Weakness!
    Virtue signaling!

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Not only that, not long after Charlotte got it (by one city council vote), they tried to get out of the deal because they knew it was going to be a shit show, and the RNC threatened to sue.

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We had to park at some distant lot and take a shuttle 4 miles to the office when the DNC was in Charlotte in 2012. If I'm working from home (if working at all), at least the RNC won't be an issue.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Because of the post-9/11 security measures, having the convention of either party basically means turning its downtown into a no-go zone for ordinary citizens. This alienates voters. The "civic pride" concept that leads the parties to think convention locations win votes is a ludicrous anachronism.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Artist's rendering of the 2020 RNC (locale tbd)

[​IMG]

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I’m of two minds on this. First, I admit I get a little schadenfreudish at the thought of Trumpers infecting each other. But then I realize they’ll be taking the virus with them back to all 50 states and infecting more innocent people. So if I was Charlotte, I would say to the RNC, Bye Felicia.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... so let it go. Gladly.

Uptown will survive. Goodness knows the DNC made a mess of Uptown eight years ago.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is the secondary horror of war and the cruelest irony. People serve in imminent danger for months or years, survive, return to relative peace and tranquility and die too soon anyway in way too many cases.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Not sure if he's going to find any state that will guarantee -- today -- that he can hold his klan meeting indoors with no social distancing and -- of course -- no mask requirement. Perhaps in a couple of weeks that promise will come.
    But it seems unlikely.
    Isn't he better off letting the Democratic governor of North Carolina play the role of bad guy (by decreeing there can be no large in-person klan meeting in the state) so Trump and his klan can play the victim?

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That would require deliberately waiting and letting the process play out. He just has to jump in and make it all about him and his opinions and demands. He can't help himself.

HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.