1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I don’t begrudge Trump golfing. The same that I felt about W or Obama. Being president is a shitty and stressful job and if golf allows you to clear your mind for a few hours, more power to you.

What I do resent is the amount of time which Trump and FNC spent ridiculing Obama’s golfing as evidence that he was a lazy president. And I do resent that after Trump said that he would be too busy to golf as president that he golfs every chance that he gets. And I also resent that he golfs exclusively at properties which he owns while renting golf carts and rooms to the government so that he can personally profit every time that he decides to tee it up in Virginia, NJ or Florida.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump can't do anything that's not a grift. He's President. He can play any course in the fucking world if he wants. So he's been living in DC for three years and has never played any course but his own. Not Congressional, not Burning Tree, not Homestead or any of the Greenbrier courses. As far as I know, he hasn't even played Doral when he's in Florida, and he owns that. Not just a grifter, a lazy one.

Webster likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

To read that quote, one would think that no one ever criticized Obama. Ever.

Worked a position for a couple of years outside the biz. Based on the complaints I would hear - and I heard a lot of them as it was the nature of that position - one would have thought Obama's first and middle names were "that damn."

Getting blasted - sometimes for better but usually for worse - is part of that job. Watching Trump soil his diaper every time someone doesn't kiss his soiled rear end is tiresome. At least he can get shipments in discreet boxes shipped to addresses in D.C. and Mar-a-Lago.

I've never seen someone who wants this much credit and adulation so willing to play the victim. He should be urged to learn from those who actually know how to lead, but then he would need humility and the ability to learn. Can't do that, can you?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Presidential ass to the woodshed please.

8. Neutral Corner

So Trump was late for the ceremony where the President* lays a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. What an asshole.

garrow likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Nice thread here. This is what a community of decent people can do in the face of Corona.

10. Neutral Corner

11. Neutral Corner

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.