1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Odd question... any truck drivers here?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by exmediahack, May 4, 2020.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Bear ain't got the covid, man. BJ, him I don't know about.

Whatever, it's $1.50 per mile.

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Now do Maximum Overdrive.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Gotta work this in, too.

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I haven't looked at this thread in a while, and I guess I missed the alert on your post. But yeah, it turned out the trucks -- I should clarify that it was just the cabs that were parked at or near or house, the better to be worked on more easily -- were not popular with our neighbor. And, looking back, I can understand. You don't realize just how big even just the cabs of those trucks are unless you're looking right at them. They stood taller than our one-story home's roof.

The funny thing was, when the parking complaints/citations started coming in, we didn't know who the complainant was. We had lived in the neighborhood for a long time, and were actually pretty friendly with the middle-aged couple next door (and their huge German shepherd dog who could climb over our backyard fence). But we also had a nice-but-very-straight-arrow guy who, if I recall, actually had an FBI job, that lived with his wife and family across the street from us. We were cordial neighbors with them, and knew and greeted each other, but we weren't particularly close.

Naturally, my brothers started thinking that the across-the-street neighbors were the ones making the calls on us. Pretty soon after, though, my dad must have known or found out, somehow, because he cautioned all of us not to be wrongly accusing. "It's never been him," he'd say, sounding very sure about it.

By the time my parents moved away from that house, their friendship with the next-door neighbors had cooled, to the point of being pretty much ended. I have no doubt that the couple knew why, even though, to my knowledge, the issue was never brought up or discussed.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The AC/DC song should've been their biggest radio hit ever.

6. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I had to write a career-goals paper in Mrs. Forsythe's English class in sixth grade. I wrote that I wanted to be either a lawyer or a truck driver, which amused her. I accomplished neither of those things.

7. Chet the Jet

Chet the Jet Member

Income taxes are difficult for truckers most of whom are contract employees. Have to stay on top our your quarterly estimates or else.

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I passed a tractor trailer full of Laz-E-Boy chairs and thought to myself - there goes a whole lot of fucking.

Chef2, exmediahack and HanSenSE like this.
  9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

FOR SALE by @exmediahack ---
    In the words of the music group Boyz 2 Men...."It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday".....and the night before.....and the afternoon before.....and a couple of times the evening before......
    It's time for this beauty to be retired.
    There's been a lot of "activity" take place in this chair. I've got another one on order that should be here in a week or two, so I'm not without at the present time, but when the time comes, there won't be a need for this one.
    I've had it for about 12 years, so it's served me very well. As you can see in the above picture, everything works perfectly.
    Reasonable offers will be cheerfully accepted, but if it's still not taken out of my stabbing cabin by eod June 15, she goes to the junkyard.

exmediahack likes this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Do NOT buy this until you inspect it with a black light.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If you do that you won't buy it in the first place.

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted