1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's a great point. And by the time we get to scheduling memorial services, many people who would have otherwise attended a funeral in normal times will have moved on. For that matter, many families will have moved on.
    That's one of several factors that make it convenient for some to ignore the magnitude of this. Geography is the biggest one. Roughly 78% of the deaths have occurred in the Eastern time zone, which accounts for 47% of the nation's population. By partisanship, 81% of deaths have occurred in Democratic states (my subjective judgement of what constitutes a Dem state; your mileage may vary). Those states have 52% of the population.
    While Trumpist states' shares of the death count have increased in May, it'll take an absolute disaster from here on out for them to appreciate the magnitude of the crisis. And I, for one, am not interested in seeing that.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Best to you and your family. I lost my cousins son (38) a couple of weeks ago. Bummer couldn’t travel and see family to wish them the best.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. Having to wait on things like that can be very upsetting. It's a long story, but we had to do that with the unveiling of my mother's headstone. It felt better after, but that day was rough.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Just a word of advice: Start communicating those plans to friends now so they can mark their calendars. It absolutely sucks that you have to wait six months. One of the worst parts of this thing.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Condolences Inky and Roscablo.

Inky_Wretch and Roscablo like this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

My uncle died on Easter weekend. No word yet on services. At least his son was with him at the end.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

We have been as best we can under the circumstances.

12. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'm fortunate. My wife likes Academy as much as I do.
    We go in the front door. She heads toward the women's workout stuff. I head toward the fishing department. We say, "See ya later." and have a grand old time.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted