1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

“He was walking by” is a weird thing to say about a business at Lake of the Ozarks. It kind of defies local topography. The access roads to most of these on-the-water bars kind of suck. It’s not like there are usually sidewalks you might stroll down and happen upon a surprisingly crowded bar. Unless you live or are staying in the very immediate neighborhood, you wouldn’t be “walking by” these places.

Not that that matters. Just struck me as funny how people justify stuff like this these days.

That said, it’s definitely a shit show down there, and visitors, business owners and local government officials don’t seem to care at all.

91EB484F-9C71-4915-AAC6-969003AD703F.jpeg

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’ve been to that lakeside bar/restaurant. Fun place, but on occasion it’s overrun by idiots.

Edit: NOT that one, but my second sentence holds true for most of the lake bars.

Webster likes this.
  3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I read the lake is jam packed this weekend. One company said it had rented every single one of its houses for the first time ever. Obviously a lot of pent up demand in KC and STL.

The lake economy is fascinating to me... all the huge, huge bars but they often come and go quickly, and then there are a lot of places that kind of half ass the mega bar atmosphere... and there’s the general half-ass nature of everything down there.

It must just be disastrous to miss on any of those 8-10 summer Saturdays in June-July. Those, and holiday weekends, are the only days the bars look like *this*, in my experience.

4. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Why is anyone still talking about the Biden gaffe (which he apologized for and walked back quite nicely) when each and every major Trump scandal has a shelf life of 15 minutes?

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

What are the odds that FATUS pulls the "Happy Memorial Day!" gaffe again this year?

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Lake of the Ozarks today is what South Beach during spring break was to March. However, I would point out that aside from an initial report of about 3-5 kids who came down with the virus in the Tampa area who were at South Beach, has there been any reports of virus transmissions stemming from Florida spring breakers? If there are, I missed them. The same is true of the hubbub when Georgia and Jacksonville opened its beaches to walking, swimming, surfing, etc. (remember #FloridaMoron?) but those were weeks ago and their infection/death rate hasn't spiked.
    All of that said, I wouldn't have come within 6 miles of that crowd in the Ozarks yesterday, let alone 6 feet.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

President Stuporvillain is at it again:

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Saw a picture of Trump's kid recently - he's now at least an inch or two taller than his Dad. Really weird - I can't recall seeing a single photo of Trump with Barron and Melania isn't in the picture (the pics are almost always the family leaving or coming back from somewhere). Haven't seen the kid in a photo with his half-siblings or doing anything. I get the "kids are off-limits" stuff, but you'd think he'd at least show up in the background at some point.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t come within 6 miles of them either. But, dang, not a single tattoo in those pics!

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I contend that since Trump got elected president despite "grab 'em by the pussy" and remained president despite Stormy Daniels (and predating that, when Bill Clinton survived every bimbo eruption to get elected twice and survive impeachement) were are past the point where a scandal involving a woman kills a politician's chances. Voters on both sides have decreed that it doesn't matter. Tara Reade will not be the reason Joe Biden loses
    And not a single mask.
    Or a single African-American.

11. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Sure enough.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If I lived in Ottawa, Kan., I'd join this guy's church ... and I've been more or less agnostic for 20 years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.